A Comprehensive Guide to Local SEO Strategies
Local search is powerful for small businesses: 46% of all Google searches are looking for local information, which means if your business isn’t optimized for local search, you could be missing out on potential customers who are ready to shop in your area. In short, local SEO is critical if you want your business to stay relevant.
To help you optimize your business for local SEO, we’ve created a comprehensive guide, which will cover local SEO tips and tools.
Looking for a restaurant for a family dinner? Or services to fix your car tire? Or plumbing issues?
Certainly, you will prefer local businesses to help you in your situation. You will surf search engines to provide information about local businesses and get your things done.
Get a call back in one click.
Yes, local search is a key aspect to search local businesses. If you own a business, your customers may be trying to find you through local search. Are you prepared for it?
Competing with big enterprises with large funds and better resources at hand is a big deal for small and medium businesses. Big enterprises improve over all visibility on the web and boost their site rankings on top search engines with allocation of high budget and resources. All their efforts are like in vain on the whole.
What is important for small and medium businesses to understand is to show up in top search engine results when potential customers are searching. Yes, understanding what is local SEO and how it can help to be distinct and visible to the local audience may help small and medium businesses to stand in the competition.
Here are some local SEO strategies that small and medium businesses can implement for better ranking locally:
- Business Directories: Get your business enlisted on various local business directories. This will help you gain traffic and attention from your local audience.
- Use Social Media: get interactive with your audience frequently. Use the potential of social media to its fullest.
- Google My Business Page:
- Creating your business page on Google + will make it easy for you to get found on Google Maps. Also your business page linked with Google My Business.
- Pay-Per-Click advertising: developing and implementing a marketing strategy featuring PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising is an important aspect for your web presence. Through PPC advertising, you get a chance as an important source for selling products or services that are not available easily.
- User-generated reviews: user reviews is an important factor for Google reviews also give your customers good sense of buying. Encourage people in store to write a review. Also, placing a review button on your site can be a great idea to make your prompt visitors leave a review.
- Optimize Images: Ensuring that images are search engine-friendly with descriptive and relevant file, alt tags to describe your image and content above and below the image featuring the right keywords will help in your images to compete in local search rankings.
The key point to remember here is implementing the correct strategy to leverage your geographic location can make your business stand ahead in the competition in particular aspects locally. You can partner with a local SEO company to help you maximize the benefits of local SEO. Get started now.